Wednesday, April 24, 2013

One Pot Spaghetti

 
Sue here today!
I have been dying to share this easy peasy recipe for spaghetti but Jo just would not stop with the recipes. I decided to hijack the blog while I had a chance.
I found this over at Fantastical Sharing Of Recipes and thought it looked interesting.
Turns out, it is amazing! I've made it half a dozen times in the past month. I probably won't go back to making spaghetti the "old way" again.
I mean...everything in ONE pot!
Less dishes = happy Sue.
 
 
One Pot Spaghetti
(Slightly adapted from Fantastical Sharing Of Recipes)
 
Ingredients
1 lb turkey, ground
1 onion, finely diced
2 medium carrots, peeled & diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (10 oz) can chicken broth
1 (26 oz.) can spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup water
8 oz spaghetti, broken into pieces
1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded
salt & pepper
shredded aged cheddar cheese (optional)
 
Directions
In a large pot, brown the turkey with onion and carrots, add garlic in last minute or so; drain if needed.
Add broth, spaghetti sauce, and water. Bring to a boil.
 
 
Add spaghetti and reduce heat.
 
 
Cook, covered, for 15 - 20 minutes, until spaghetti is cooked al dente. Stir occasionally and add more water, if needed. Stir in Parmesan.
Serve hot. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and shredded aged cheddar cheese, if desired (or more Parmesan).
 
 
Seeeeeeeee....how easy is that?
And, you only dirty ONE pot.
This is quickly becoming my go-to dinner when we are short on time. Served with some garlic toast and a salad, I can have a complete meal in under half an hour.
The world needs more dishes like this. Thank you to Fantastical Sharing Of Recipes for posting this one!
 
You should be sure to visit The Mandatory Mooch and Adorned From Above and The Busy Bees and Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons for some great links!

1 comment:

  1. This was so easy to make and taste wonderful!

    ReplyDelete