Thursday, April 18, 2013

No Bake Double Chocolate Cookie Bars

 
This seems to be my week for super de duper quick and easy recipes.
I think this one took me all of about 10 minutes to make.
Nice, right?
I took a regular no bake oatmeal drop cookie and made a few changes to chocolate it up even more.
You can make these as drop cookies or, if you are feeling a bit lazy, just press it into a pan and slice it when you want to eat it.
 
 
No Bake Double Chocolate Cookie Bars
 
Ingredients
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate cream cheese
3 cups oats
1/2 cup coconut, shredded
 
Directions
Line a 9 X 9 pan with parchment paper, set aside.
In a large saucepan, stir together brown sugar, cocoa, butter, milk, and vanilla over medium heat.
Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1 minute.
Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate cream cheese until smooth.
Stir in oats and coconut.
Press into prepared pan.
Chill until set. Slice and serve.
 
 
Ooey, gooey, tasty!
Couple of notes:
- If you don't have chocolate cream cheese, use peanut butter for a bit of a change.
- If you don't want to make it into a bar you can drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie tray lined with parchment paper)
I was worried it might fall apart when I went to cut it so I scored the bars as soon as I pressed it in the pan. I don't really think it was a necessary step. They are pretty ooey gooey and not crumbly at all.
Gotta love the no bake treats. They are sooooo easy to put together.
 
Pop over to Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons and My Turn (for us) and Or So She Says and Ms. enPlace for some fun and tasty links!

10 comments:

  1. Tried it with the peanut-butter, taking some to work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it with peanut butter yet! I need to do that soon. Let me know how it turned out for you :)

      Delete
  2. OMG! These look soooo good. Wish my laptop was a refrigerator so I could open it up and pig out....OINK OINK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to post my name-Lois Purcell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like super duper quick =o) And these look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) they are so good with a glass of cold milk!

      Delete
  5. It got hot today. Easy and no bake sounds like music to my ears. Oooey gooey sounds pretty good too! Thank you for liking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi can u tell me please if the chocolate cream cheese you use is the Philadelphia brand Indulgence chocolate cream cheese in the small tubs? It's fairly new on the market. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is the Philadelphia brand in the small tubs :)

      Delete