Monday, September 24, 2012

Zucchini Cocoa Nib Pecan Skor Cookies

 
Here is a delightful cookie recipe to use up some of that zucchini that is hanging around. This time of year there is always an abundance of zucchini at our house.
These are lovely combination of spice and sweetness. This recipe has been around our house for about a million years...give or take...
I just realized I used the words "delightful" and "lovely" to describe this cookie. I was totally influenced by the photo of the china teacup.
 
 
Zucchini Cocoa Nib Pecan Skor Cookies
 
Ingredients
1 cup butter, room temp
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt
2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup Skor bits
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup cocoa nibs
 
Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper, set aside.
Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Stir in eggs, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
Stir in zucchini.
Fold in Skor bits, pecans, and cocoa nibs.
Drop by tablespoon full (or small cookie scoop) onto prepared cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
 
 
Bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes, until golden.
Remove from heat, let sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
 
 
Easy peasy. FYI - you can sub the pecans for other nuts, the cocoa nibs for chocolate chips, and the Skor bits for Heath bits or butterscotch chips, if you prefer.
Ooooh...another FYI....this makes a lot of cookies. I didn't actually count (sorry!) but I am going to guess I got at least 5 dozen cookie out of this.
I don't know why I never count my servings. I promise I will try harder in the future to keep track of that.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment