Monday, September 10, 2012

5 Minute Cheesecake and Chocolate Cheesecake

 
Wow. I really need to stop experimenting with these 5 minute, single serving microwave recipes.
Seriously.
They are going to be my undoing.
I mean, macaroni and cakes and cookies and now CHEESECAKE in about 5 seconds!
Cheesecake that tastes like cheesecake.
Not weird gummy, chewy, awful cheesecake pretending to be cheesecake.
It turned out so amazing I had to go and try a chocolate cheesecake too.
Yeah... it worked out pretty spectacularly too...
*Sigh*
I'm doomed!
 
 
5 Minute Cheesecake
 
Ingredients
Crust
2 Tbsp graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp butter, softened
 
Cheesecake
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1/8 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 egg white
1/8 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cornstarch
 
Blueberry Topping
1/4 cup blueberries
1 Tbsp water
1 tsp sugar
 
Directions
In a small bowl, mix together graham crackers and butter until crumbly. Press into a microwave safe bowl or mug.
 
 
In the same bowl you used to mix the crumbs; beat cream cheese until smooth, add in sour cream, vanilla, brown sugar, egg white, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Mix until well combined and smooth, about 2 minutes. (You can use a small whisk, fork, or even beaters. I used a fork and it worked well.)
Carefully pour over crumbs and spread evenly.
 
 
Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. (Start with one minute and then use 15 second increments until completely cooked. The middle will be a little bit jiggly still but NOT liquidy. Don't over cook!!) *Mine took 1 minute 45 seconds total*
 
 
You can see in the photo above how the outside appears more cooked than the middle. This is how it should look.
Let cool to room temperature and then place in fridge until completely chilled. *If a little bit of liquid forms on top it is normal, just pour it off.*
Before serving make up the blueberry topping.
Place blueberries, water, and sugar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir constantly until it thickens a bit. Berries will burst.
 
 
Let cool to room temp then serve on cheesecake. (You can place in fridge or freezer for a few minutes to hasten cooling.)
You can use whatever topping you like on this. Pie filling, strawberries, caramel or chocolate sauce, whipped cream, etc..
 
 
Wait...can you hear that?
Yup.
That would be angel's singing.
BUT WAIT!!!
There's more.....
I decided to take it a step further and make a chocolate version too.
 
 
5 Minute Chocolate Cheesecake
 
Ingredients
Crust
2 Tbsp graham cracker crust
1 tsp butter, softened
 
Cheesecake
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1/8 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 egg white
1/8 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp baking cocoa
1 oz melted chocolate (I used semi sweet)
 
Topping
1 Tbsp caramel sauce
 
Directions
In a small bowl, mix together graham crackers and butter until crumbly. Press into a microwave safe bowl or mug.
 
 
In the same bowl you used to mix the crumbs; beat cream cheese until smooth, add in sour cream, vanilla, brown sugar, egg white, lemon juice, cornstarch, cocoa, and melted chocolate. Mix until well combined and smooth, about 2 minutes. (You can use a small whisk, fork, or even beaters. I used a fork and it worked well.)
Carefully pour over crumbs and spread evenly.
 
 
Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. (Start with one minute and then use 15 second increments until completely cooked. The middle will be a little bit jiggly still but NOT liquidy. Don't over cook!!) *Mine took 1 minute 45 seconds total*
 
 
The chocolate was harder to tell if it was cooked than the original version. It was denser in consistency and wasn't as jiggly. I was still able to tell it was cooked by gently touching the centre of the cheesecake. When it was raw the dough stuck to my finger, when it was cooked it didn't. I also went by how long the original cheesecake took to cook.
 
 
Ooooh! Look at that chocolatey goodness. Wait, what's that you say? Not sweet enough for you yet?
How about some caramel sauce?
 
 
That aught to about do it.
See what I mean about them being my undoing.
Cheesecake in about 2 seconds. Okay, a bit longer, it does have to chill for a few hours.
I suppose you could eat this warm but to me that is just crazy talk.
Wait for it! It's totally worth it.
I think my favorite was definitely the original version. If you were so inclined you could toss in a Tbsp of mini chocolate chips or toffee bits. The topping possibilities are endless.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the chocolate too...it was just really, really, REALLY sweet and dense.
 
The Mandatory Mooch has tons of great links! Be sure to check them out. 
Don't forget about Blissful and Domestic too!

4 comments:

  1. Looking great! I am so making this tomorrow, lol. Loved the post "I'm doomed" I know the feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that cheese cake looked pretty good, but when I got down to that chocolate, well that did it. I'm pinning this for later use. I have so many recipes to try and so little chance to do it. This might be tried soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, really? You had me at 5 minute cheesecake. But chocolate, can't believe you went there! This looks like the best quick treat for the kids. Can't wait to try it. Here from the hop, glad that I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my these look delightful. I love any kind of cheesecake!! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. I hope you link up again this week. The party will be live tonight. www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    And don't forget to "like" my Facebook page if you haven't already. www.facebook.com/TheMandatoryMooch

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete