Monday, September 23, 2013

Peach Crumble


I have to say... I think peaches are one of my favorite fruits. I love the texture, the flavor, even the color. 
I don't like the fuzzy skin though. 
Ewwww.
Remove that nastiness and what you have is pure gold. 
Especially when you throw some brown sugar, butter, and oat crumbs on top. 
*cue angels singing*
Best. Dessert. Ever.
Serve with warm with vanilla ice cream on top and your guests will wonder how you were able to capture the flavor of heaven in a plate of fruit crumble. 
Seriously. 


Peach Crumble

Ingredients
Fruit layer
7 - 8 large peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced
2 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp sugar

Crumble
1/2 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oats
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt
1/2 cup pecans, chopped fine
1/2 cup butter, chilled

Directions
Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Cut peaches up into a large bowl. Sprinkle with the 2Tbsp flour and 1 Tbsp sugar, toss to mix.
Place peaches into prepared pan. (You want enough peaches to fill the pan FULL - they will cook down.)


In a medium bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, salt, and pecans. Crumble in the butter using your fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Sprinkle crumble topping over the peaches.


Bake at 375 until topping is browned and dish is bubbling, about 40 minutes. (You may want to place a cookie tray underneath to catch any drips!)
Remove from heat and let cool a bit on wire rack.


Serve warm. I recommend with ice cream or whipping cream.


Definitely one of my all time favorite desserts!
Running reallyreallyreally close would be our Spiked Apple Crisp. Oh my gosh...you have to try that one too! Hate to sound bossy...but...well...you really do HAVE to try it. 
Oh...and this one.
Go.
Now. 
 
Looking for tons of foody links? Check out Carole's Chatter!

2 comments:

  1. I just made a peach cobbler that was to die for. Your crumble looks just as good! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO hear the angels sing! And Peach Crumble is what heaven smells like, I am sure of it. ;)

    Gorgeous.

    Love, Joy
    Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete