Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pineapple Jalapeno Poppers


I've decided to take over the blog for the next day or two. It was my daughter, Kenzie's, birthday yesterday and I recruited Jo to help me make a big dinner spread for the party.
This particular jalapeno popper recipe is a combination of several I found on the internet. I took a few different ideas and threw them together and the result was amazing!
The kids certainly loved how spicy they were. 


Pineapple Jalapeno Poppers

Ingredients
12 jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise & seeded
1 (8 oz) brick cream cheese, softened
1 cup Tex Mex cheese, shredded
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 pkg bacon
1 small can pineapple tidbits, drained
1/4 cup BBQ sauce

Directions
Preheat oven to 350, line cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
Line up the sliced and seeded jalapenos on the prepared cookie sheet.


In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and garlic & onion powder until well mixed. Spoon into each half of the jalapenos.


Place 2 pineapple tidbits on top of each jalapeno half.


Cut each slice of bacon into thirds. Place a third of bacon on top of the pineapple. 


Using a basting brush, brush some of the BBQ sauce on each piece of bacon.


Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Turn oven to broil and continue to cook until bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes or so - keep an eye on it!
Remove from oven and serve warm.


Don't worry about the bits that bubble out during cooking...those are the "samples". Just be careful you don't burn yourself whilst testing them.


If you enjoy spicy then these are fantastic. Jo is a bit of a wimp so she was too scared to try one. She did sample some of the filling that bubbled out and she liked that.
My hubby, who is anti-spice, actually enjoyed a few of these. Of course, he just ate the filling out of the pepper and left the pepper shell. Oh well....for him that is pretty brave. 
I loved these, and, even better, my daughter and her friends thought they were great. 
If you need an appetizer to bring to a BBQ this summer - keep this one in mind. 

Be sure to visit Ms. enPlace and Jam Hands and Feeding Big and The Velvet Moon Baker and Easy Life and Carole's Chatter for some fantastic links!

8 comments:

  1. "Samples," huh? Good idea to have quality control. I made and eaten a lot of jalapeno poppers, but have never seen any so fancy! Thank you for linking this week.
    Michelle @Ms. enPlace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about quality control ;)
      Hope you give these a try - they are so addicting!

      Delete
  2. That looks so good. I have a jalapeno plant in my garden and is a non stop producer. I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are really easy to prepare :)

      Delete
  3. I made this recipe yesterday and it was absolutely fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. I put up a post on my blog today with links back to you. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete