Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Potatoes with Easy Garlic Ailoi


Here is the recipe that is going to make you a hero at your next family gathering / tailgate party / get together. Trust me when I tell you - they will think you are some kind of creative super genius.
This is sooooooooooo easy.
Seriously.
Anyone can do this.
Everyone should be doing this.
Best side dish and/or appetiser ever. I KNOW...pretty bold statement.
Make this...right now....and tell me I'm not telling the truth.


Bacon Wrapped Potatoes with Easy Garlic Ailoi

Garlic Ailoi
3/4 cup mayo
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp lemon juice
salt & pepper
1/4 tsp finely chopped fresh (or dried) parsley
Ingredients
new potatoes
olive oil
dried parsley
garlic salt
black pepper
bacon

Directions
To prepare ailoi - whisk mayo, garlic, lemon juice, salt & pepper, and parsley together. Let sit at least a couple of hours for flavors to blend. Overnight is even better.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Scrub potatoes with a potato brush to clean.
Bring a pot of water to boil over high heat. Boil potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes. Just enough to parboil them a little. Drain the potatoes.
In a large bowl, place the drained potatoes. Drizzle with a little olive oil then sprinkle with some dried parsley, garlic salt, and pepper. Toss gently.
Take 1/3 slice of bacon and wrap around a potato and secure with a toothpick. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining potatoes.


Bake at 400 for 15 - 25 minutes, until bacon is crispy and potato is cooked through.
Serve hot with Garlic Ailoi.


You may have noticed I didn't put measurements with the potato part of the recipe. You need 3 new potatoes for each strip of bacon you have. The olive oil and spices you can use as much as you like for however many potatoes you are doing.
Just a drizzle of oil and a sprinkle of spices is all you need.
These. Are. Amazing.
Crispy, crunchy, savory, bacony bites of heaven. The easy ailoi makes them even better.
Garlic AND Bacon.
I'm pretty sure this is one of the best things ever invented.


We're sharing at Carole's Chatter. Be sure to pop over and say Hi!

20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! These look amazing!!! I can tell you right now that my husband will LOVE these!!! Thanks so much for linking up with Creatively Tuesdays at The Rustic Pig! I'm off to print this recipe!! I might just have to make these tonight!! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garlic, bacon, and potatoes. Oh my! These are awesome. Thank you for sharing this week--I will be making these. Soon. Very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looks just great. Thanks for linking them in to Food on Friday, Jo and Sue. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you keep the potatoes whole?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on the size you can leave them whole, or if they are a bit big, you can half them :)

      Delete
  5. I made this tonight and used baby red skin potatoes and they were absolutely amazing. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shouldn't you soak the toothpicks in water - so they don't burn in the oven?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly could if you were worried about them burning but I have never had a problem with my toothpicks burning :)

      Delete
  7. These are so yummy! We like the aioli but the potatoes didn't even need it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. if no new potatoes on hand, can you just use regular potatoes cut into bite-size pieces?


    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you think this recipe would work with the whole canned potatoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.. to be honest I have no idea. I've never heard of canned potatoes before. Sorry we can't be more help.

      Delete
  10. I tried the potatoes with out the dip. They were so good my husband liked it and he is sooo picky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can these be put in a crock pot to keep warm?? Or will the potatoes get too soft?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure. I would think the potatoes might get over cooked and the bacon would lose its crispiness. Let us know if you give it a try though.

      Delete
  12. I've made these twice. They've been requested for a lunch at work this next week. I can't believe how good they are, especially since they are so easy to make. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm doing pigs in blankets as a side dish this year - bacon wraapped little sausages. And I recently did bacon wrapped dates. Bacon wrapping is great! merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete