Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Reuben Dip


I admit... it's not the prettiest dip out there.
In fact, it is not really visually appealing at all. At least to me.
But I have to tell you, the flavor is out of this world.
It is very reminiscent of a reuben sandwich so you have to like sauerkraut and corn beef and such.
It is creamy and rich and extremely decadent.
Definitely a must try if you are looking for something a little different to bring to the next potluck.


Reuben Dip

Ingredients
1 16 oz jar sauerkraut, drained
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 pkg (4 oz) deli corned beef, chopped
3 Tbsp prepared Thousand Island salad dressing

Directions

Mix ingredients all together and place into slow cooker.

Before the melting begins!

Cover and cook on low for about 2 hours, until cheeses are melted. Stir a few times to blend.
Serve with rye bread or rye crackers (I used Triscuit Rye crackers).

Easy peasy.
I admit I didn't really measure 4 oz of deli corned beef. I just threw in a couple of handfuls until it looked good. The strongest flavor is the cream cheese, followed by the sauerkraut, and then the corned beef so the amount of corned beef doesn't have to be exact. 

So...don't judge a book by its cover.
This is a scrumptious dip that deserves a chance to show you just how scrumptious it really is!
It could be a good choice for the next super bowl party you are attending too....amaze your friends with how creative you are :) 

3 comments:

  1. My sister and I have made a similar recipe for years. We called it 'Stinky Dip'. If name discouraged others from eating...it all the better...more for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent served on pieces of french bread too!

    ReplyDelete