Monday, August 4, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt (Take 2)


Back in March I divulged my little addiction problem.
The whole "peanut butter and chocolate are my life" became public knowledge. 
I also shared a recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt - see HERE.  That recipe has become one of my all time favorite go-to snacks. 
I decided to take it up a notch this summer by freezing it and turning it into a drool worthy chocolate and peanut butter milkshake. 
*Sigh* Should I be worried that this makes me so happy?
For only - 300 calories, 23 carbs, 17 fat, 22 protein (according to Myfitnesspal) I guess I don't have too much to worry about. 
This is a little different from the original recipe - I added a little more peanut butter and some Cool Whip and some milk - so be sure to check out the original HERE if you want to make that version for a treat. 


Chocolate Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt (Take 2)

Ingredients
1/2 cup 0 fat Greek yogurt, plain
1 tbsp mini chocolate chips
1 Tbsp light peanut butter, smooth
1 tsp baking cocoa
1 pkg Stevia
1/4 cup 1% milk
ice cubes

Topping 
1 Tbsp light Cool Whip
1/4 Tbsp peanut butter, melted
4 or 5 mini chocolate chips

Directions
Stir together Greek yogurt, mini chocolate chips, peanut butter, cocoa, and Stevia (or other sugar substitute) until smooth. Freeze until frozen solid.
When frozen, place frozen yogurt mixture into a blender. Add milk and ice cubes and process until desired consistency is reached. (You may have to add a little more milk to thin, or a few more ice cubes to thicken).
Pour into serving glass and top with Cool Whip, melted peanut butter and a few mini chocolate chips. 


So rich and creamy.
Chocolate and peanut butter heaven!


Once your ingredients are frozen this only takes a few minutes to put together. 
Enjoy the frozen version OR click HERE and enjoy the creamy, decadent original. 
P.S. - The original also makes an awesome, healthified frosting! Click HERE to get our single serving healthy chocolate cake and frosting recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment