Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Single Serving Scone

 
I love single serving recipes for those days when I am ready to eat everything in sight.
If the recipe only makes one, then you can only eat one.
It's ingenious.
Of course, when the recipe is as simple as this one is it can be tempting to just go and make another one. Thing is, I am still less likely to make another one than I would be to eat 8 scones made from a full recipe.
*sigh*
Why can't I be one of those people that loves to eat salad?
 
 
Single Serving Scone
 
Ingredient
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
pinch cinnamon
2 1/4 tsp brown sugar, divided
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp milk (1%)
2 Tbsp fruit, chopped
 
Directions
Preheat oven to 450. Line small oven safe tray with parchment paper.
Mix together flour, baking powder, pinch salt, pinch cinnamon, and 2 tsp of the brown sugar.
Crumble in the coconut oil to form coarse crumbs.
Stir in milk and peaches to form soft dough. (If it is too dry to stick together add a little more milk, 1 tsp at a time, until it comes together) Pat into a circle on a small tray lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 tsp brown sugar on top.
 

Bake at 450 for 8 - 10 minutes, until top is golden brown.
Best served warm.
**NOTE - this can be made in a toaster oven!
 
Make sure you preheat the toaster oven first!

**NOTE 2 - you can use anything you like for the 2 Tbsp fruit. Fruit, chocolate chips, toffee bits, etc. Make it savory by using cheese as your add in, leaving out the cinnamon, and lowering the sugar to 1 tsp and not sprinkling sugar on top.
 
 
This wouldn't be too bad for breakfast; it comes in at 318 calories. I had it as an after work snack so 300 calories was a little high. I try to keep my snacks to about 100 calories or so.
*try* being the operative word there...
If you were feeling generous you could split this with someone and only have half the calories.
I like to think I am a pretty generous person...but, seriously...share my scone??
I don't think so.
 
Be sure to check out Blissful and Domestic for some sweet links!

No comments:

Post a Comment