Saturday, August 18, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar Bars


I couldn't wait anymore. I had to turn on my oven and bake something.
I woke up early so I could turn the oven on and have something baked before the sun came up.
Worked out perfect.
I am so excited for the fall when I can have my oven on all morning and not just 30 minutes.
I took one of my favorite cookie recipes and made it into a bar because I didn't want to have to have the oven on while I cooked trays and trays of cookies.
If you prefer these in cookie form, by all means just scoop them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper instead of pressing them into a pan. Just remember to watch your cooking time. I would say 8 - 10 minutes instead of 20 - 30 minutes.
What's better than chocolate and peanut butter and Skor bits and chocolate chip cookie bits?
That's right.
Nothing.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar Bars

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
2 cups Skor pieces
1 cup chocolate chip cookie bites

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Line 9 X 13 pan with parchment paper. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in peanut butter, vanilla, and eggs.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients using a wooden spoon.
Stir in Skor balls.


When well mixed, spoon into prepared baking pan. Gently pat down.
Sprinkle chocolate chip cookie bites evenly over batter and lightly press down.


Bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Let cool in pan on wire rack.


Remove from pan using the parchment paper handles, and cut into squares.

You can, of course, use whatever chocolate candies you like in this. I wanted to use Reese's minis but my supply has been deleted.
I think we have chocolate loving ghosts in the house.
Anyway, pretty much any chocolate bar chopped up would work too.
Oh, yeah, if you decide to make these into cookies instead of being lazy, like me, and making them into a bar, just remember to place them about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake them for about 8 - 10 minutes.

Check out Six Sister's Stuff for some great links!

7 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I love a the combination of chocolate and peanut butter and know I would love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man that looks so delicious! and sinful ... sign me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dessert is full of our favorite ingredients! So yummy. Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We loved having you and hope you will come back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mercy, this looks so good! I have been looking for a treat to make for my sister who just had shoulder surgery and this would be perfect. She loves chocolate and peanut butter. By the way, I found your blog through Six Sisters, so thanks for sharing this at their link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope your sister has a quick recovery :)

      Delete