Saturday, August 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies


Yes, you read that title right Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip BACON Cookies.
Crazy right?
Bacon in a cookie?
I will admit I was skeptical at first. I have made chocolate cookies with a few bits of bacon in them but you couldn't taste the bacon. In fact, you wouldn't have even known bacon was in there if you weren't told. But these cookies......it's everywhere!
I know you are intrigued.
Let me tell you - these are really good. I mean...REALLY good.
Like, I've found cookie nirvana good.
Well, for me anyway. Sue didn't like them (big surprise).
She was the one who discovered this recipe in her Food Network Magazine and then went home and baked them. She said, "They are okay but I doubt I would make them again." Which means she didn't really like them. (I can read between the lines) As we all know though, Sue is weird and doesn't truly appreciate the sweet things.
I think you should try this recipe for yourself and let us know what you think.
It is definitely different than anything I have had before. Each bite was a new taste experience.
Oooh, this one is chocolatey, oooh this one is salty, oooh this one has some kind of flavor I can't put my finger on, ooooh this one is bacon-y.
I think you see where I am going with this.


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies
Ingredients
11/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch salt
5 slices bacon
4 Tbsp butter room temp
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped, salted peanuts
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

 Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
 Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, transfer to a paper towel; reserve 2 Tbsp of bacon grease. Crumble bacon.
Cool grease then beat butter and reserved grease till smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in peanut butter until combined then beat in white and brown sugar till creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beat 2 more minutes.
Reduce mixer speed to low and add flour in 2 additions until just combined. Stir in peanuts and all but 2 Tbsp each of the chocolate chips and bacon.
Form the dough into 12 balls.. flatten with fingers a bit and press in reserved chocolate and bacon on top. Bake 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes then transfer to cooling rack. 
This makes 12 BIG cookies. You could half the size and get 24 (if you want to) more regular size cookies.
I say go big!!

No comments:

Post a Comment