Friday, April 18, 2014

Lobster Salad With Lemon Dressing


Salads aren't my favorite.
In fact... unless I fancy them up and make them look pretty I just don't like them. 
I wish I did. Salads are like the healthiest thing on the planet and are super helpful when you are trying to lose weight. But all that boring lettuce and vegetables....blaaaaaah.
This salad is full of all those healthy vegetables and good stuff but I threw some lovely lobster and a tangy lemon dressing on top and *voila* non-boring, tasty salad that I can eat and not feel resentful about. 
Yes. I have salad issues.
Don't judge me.


Lobster Salad With Lemon Dressing

Ingredients
Dressing
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp prepared mustard
juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp 0 fat Greek yogurt, plain
pinch sugar

Salad
3 lobster tails, raw
6 cups lettuce, shredded
3 cups coleslaw mix
1 large cucumber, sliced
1/4 cup onion, finely diced
3 green onions, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
1 small carrot, shredded

Directions
Dressing - In a small bowl place the oil, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, yogurt, and sugar.


Whisk until smooth.


Cover and chill until ready to use. The longer it sits the more the flavors blend. Try to let it sit for at least an hour or more. 
Cook lobster - Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drop in the lobster tails. 


Let boil until cooked - about 8 - 12 minutes. Remove from boiling water and let cool until you are able to handle. 
Remove the meat from the shells. Dice into small chunks.
Assemble salad - Divide lettuce, coleslaw, cucumber, onion, green onion, celery, and carrot evenly among 3 plates. Top with the cooked lobster.
Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.


I served this for a brunch and it went over very well. The dressing is very tangy with the lemon and vinegar. I really liked it with the lobster. You can always whisk in a bit more sweetener if you want to cut some of the acidity. 
According to Myfitnesspal, 1 serving (recipe makes 3), is - 
215 calories, 12 carbs, 10 fat, and 26 protein. 
 
Check out Carole's Chatter for tons of recipe links!

1 comment:

  1. I just love lobster (and crayfish which is what we call our local lobster) - I must do a Food on friday on it sometime! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete