Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mustard Sauce for Fish


Two blogs in one day! I'm on fire today :)
Actually, I thought I would add a second blog today because the recipe is really simple and more of an accoutrement than an actual dish.
I had a beautiful salmon steak to eat last night but needed something to flavor it up a bit.
My fridge was a little bare so I came up with this recipe out of what I could scavenge around the kitchen. Turns out it is very tasty and I plan on making it again!


Mustard Sauce for Fish

Ingredients
2 Tbsp sour cream
1 Tbsp prepared mustard
generous pinch of dried dill
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp finely chopped purple onion

Directions
Mix ingredients together in a small bowl.


Place your fish (de-boned and skinned) on a large piece of tinfoil. Spoon sauce on top of fish.


Bring edges of tinfoil together and pinch to seal. Either place in fridge until ready to bake, or preheat oven to 350 and place tinfoil package on to rack in oven.
Bake about 20 - 30 minutes, depending on size and thickness of fish, until fish is cooked.
Remove from oven, carefully open tinfoil - be careful, it's hot!
Serve immediately.

Sometimes being short on groceries is a good thing. It leads to developing interesting and sometimes delicious new recipes.
If you give this a try please let us know what you think.
It is a little garlicky - which I prefer - so I just thought I would warn you!

UPDATE: One of our blog followers made this recipe and sent us a photo of her creation.


Thank you for sharing this with us, Christina :) Your photo is amazing!

Be sure to stop by Carole's Chatter for more fun foody links!

No comments:

Post a Comment