Monday, February 20, 2012

5 Minute Chocolate Cake


Looks delicious, does it not?
It is. And you know what? You could be eating this in less than 5 minutes.
It's true.
I wouldn't tease you about something like that. That would just be cruel.
This is the BEST version of the Cake-In-A-Mug recipe you will find.
. Trust me....I've tried a bunch of them.
This one is moist without having that weird microwave chewy - stickiness that many of the microwave cake-in-a-mug recipes have.
As you can tell, I have chosen to make mine in a cereal size bowl instead of a coffee cup just to be different. I find the coffee mug ones just look weird.
Maybe it's just me....


5 Minute Chocolate Cake

Ingredients
4 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
2 Tbsp whisked egg
3 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp oil
1 - 3 Tbsp chocolate chips

Directions
Mix ingredients together in coffee mug or cereal bowl (that is microwave safe) until well mixed. Sprinkle with chocolate chips just as you are putting it in the microwave. If they sit they will sink to the bottom. (FYI - For the cake pictured I just used 1 scant Tbsp of chips and it was really chocolatey)


Microwave on high for 3 minutes. It may rise above the rim of the cup but don't panic - it will shrink back down again.


Run a knife around the edge to loosen and dump out cake onto plate.


Best eaten warm with a bit of frosting on top.



Do you hate me yet?
I mean... with this you can now have warm, moist, delicious, chocolate cake anytime you want it.
ANYTIME. YOU. WANT. IT.
I used to think that the Cake-In-A-Mug cakes were okay but not great. They would do in a pinch but were nowhere near as good as a from scratch, oven baked chocolate cake.
This one comes pretty darn close. Especially eaten warm with icing melting on top.
*Drool*

IMPORTANT NOTE - Measure very carefully. The reason this works so much better than the other recipes out there is that it has just the right balance of ingredients.
For example - whisk your egg and use 2 Tbsp of it. DO NOT just use the yolk or the white thinking it will save steps. It changes the texture if you do that. 

1 comment:

  1. I followed the directions for my first try. No bueno. I modified some ingredient amounts and nuked it for 2 minutes and it turned out much better.

    ReplyDelete