Sunday, January 10, 2016

Reuben Roll Ups


I always forget about Reubens when I an craving something different for lunch. They take as long as a regular sandwich to make but taste out of this world. Corned beef, Swiss cheese, and sauerkraut with a little Thousand Island dressing. Can't beat that. 
I used some Pillsbury crescent dough and came up with a snack version of the Reuben that is perfect for game night, after school snacks, AND lunch. 


Reuben Roll Ups

Ingredients
2 cans of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1/2 cup Thousand Island Dressing
10 slices of Swiss cheese
 thinly sliced corned beef
1 jar of sauerkraut (about 1 - 2 cups)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Unroll a can of the Pillsbury crescent dough and pinch together the seems. Flip over and pinch the seams together on the opposite side.


Spread 1/4 cup of the Thousand Island dressing over the crescent dough. Lay 5 slices of Swiss cheese down the center.


Spread half of the corned beef over the cheese. Top with half of the sauerkraut.


Roll up jelly roll style, pinching to seal.


Slice into 1 to 2 inch rolls and place on prepared cookie sheet.


Repeat with the second roll of crescent dough and remaining ingredients. (I got about 32 rolls in total but it will depend on how thick you cut them!)
Bake at 375 until golden brown - about 20 - 30 minutes. 


Serve warm or room temp.


Store any leftovers in the fridge. Can be frozen and warmed in the microwave for a quick snack. 
Note - I didn't give a measurement for the corned beef because you can use as much or little as you like. I always use to little bags of deli corned beef - about 20 slices total. 
These are also quite good at room temp so would be great to bring to a potluck or office get together.
 


3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Reubens, these little roll-ups look so good, I need to try it soon! Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My!! I love Ruebens and so does my husband...Might try! I would have to put the dressing as a dipping sauce cause he doesn't like that part...but I do 1 Thanks for sharing on my Link Party "My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday" !! Hope to see you you tomorrow! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete