Sunday, July 5, 2015

Funfetti Overnight Oats


I've never really been a sprinkles kind of girl.
Weird, right?
I mean.... who doesn't love sprinkles?
Anyway.... a little while ago I made a Funfetti Mousse (click HERE) that changed how I felt about sprinkles. I'm now all about adding sprinkles to things and making them taste like cake batter. 
These overnight oats, for example, are not only adorable with all those cute little sprinkles, they are super cake-batter delicious. 
The best part.... you don't actually have to add any cake mix to the oats. So many recipes call for a spoonful or two of actual cake mix. I don't know about you but I'm not opening a cake mix just to use a spoonful of it. 
This only takes 5 minutes to whip up and then put it in the fridge for breakfast the next day. 
According to Myfitness pal, one serving (entire recipe is one serving) is:
216 calories, 29 carbs, 7 fat, 13 protein, 4 fiber.


Funfetti Overnight Oats

Ingredients
1/3 cup vanilla almond milk (no sugar) (I use Blue Diamond)
1/3 cup no fat, plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup old fashioned oats (I use Quaker)
1 pkg Stevia (or other sugar substitute)
1 tsp ground flax
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 tsp sprinkles (divided)

Directions
In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk and Greek yogurt until smooth. Stir in oats, Stevia, flax, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir in 1 tsp of the sprinkles.


Scrape mixture into a container, cover, and refrigerate until oats have soaked up the liquid. 
When you are ready to eat them.... sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp of sprinkles. 


Dive in.


Perfect for breakfast, snack time, or even dessert. Only 216 calories!!
I am really loving the overnight oat thing. So easy and fast to prepare, yet very filling and tasty. 
Are you a fan of overnight oats?

No comments:

Post a Comment