Thursday, February 21, 2013

Bailey's Cheesecake Mousse

 
I started out trying to create a single serving no-bake cheesecake for St. Patrick's Day.
My experimenting lead to this cheesecake-tasting-yet-more-like-a-mousse dessert.
I was pretty happy with the taste and I am love with the smooth and creamy texture.
 If you enjoy Bailey's Irish Cream then I just know you will enjoy this mousse.
I still count this as a single serving recipe but, technically, there is enough here to serve 2 people, especially if you are serving it as a dessert.
I had it for my dinner so I ate it all.
What?
I'm an adult.
I'm allowed to eat dessert for dinner if I want to.
 
 
Bailey's Cheesecake Mousse
 
Ingredients
1 1/2 Tbsp oreo cookie baking crumbs
4 Tbsp cream cheese, softened (0 fat)
1 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt (0 fat)
2 Tbsp icing sugar
splash vanilla
1 1/2 Tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream
3 Tbsp Cool Whip (0 fat)
 
Directions
Press oreo crumbs into the bottom of a serving dish/bowl. Set aside.
 
 
In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, Greek yogurt, icing sugar, vanilla, and Bailey's until smooth. Fold in the Cool Whip.  
Spoon gently over crumbs.
 
 
Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Sprinkle with a few more oreo crumbs and a few Skor bits (if desired).
 
 
Pretty, right?
I was fairly happy with the nutritional info too (using Myfitnesspal):
Calories - 338
Carbs - 43
Fat - 7
Protein - 10.
Not something you want to indulge in on a daily basis or anything...but still not THAT bad. I used non-fat yogurt, cool whip, and cream cheese but believe me, this does NOT taste "light".
Not bad for my first St. Patrick's day experimental recipe, if I do say so myself.
 
Visit My Turn (for us) and Blissful And Domestic for some great links!

No comments:

Post a Comment