Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2 Ingredient Cookies (2 versions)

 
I want to start off this blog by saying these are not your average, "normal" cookies.
Think of them more like baked oatmeal in a cookie shape.
I'd like to add that, yes, I have mislead you a teeny tiny bit by saying these are only 2 ingredient cookies.
Wait.
Don't leave yet.
You TOTALLY could make these with only 2 ingredients!!
I promise.
The thing is...by throwing in 1 or 2 more ingredients they are ever so much better.
I was fairly skeptical that these would actually bake up and be any good. They did and they are.
Granted, they are not my favorite cookies ever - probably because they are more like baked oatmeal - BUT, that being said, they definitely helped calm my cookie craving in a healthier way.
 
 
2 Ingredient Cookies
Version 1 - Banana Peanut Butter Chip
 
Ingredients
2 bananas
1 cup oats
 
Add-ins
1 1/2 Tbsp peanut butter chips
pinch vanilla
 
Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
Mash banana well, stir in oats and any add ins.
Scoop onto prepared cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
Bake at 350 for approx 15 minutes, until cookies appear dry and bottom is lightly browned. Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
 
 
2 Ingredient Cookies
Version 2 - Pumpkin Craisin Choc Chip
 
Ingredients
1 cup pumpkin, canned
1 cup oats
 
Add-ins
20 large chocolate chips
3 Tbsp craisins
generous sprinkle of cinnamon
 
Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
Mix together pumpkin and oats. Stir in add ins until well combined.
Scoop onto prepared cookie sheet and flatten with a fork. (I stirred in the craisins and cinnamon and then placed the chocolate chips on top of each cookie.)
 
 
Bake at 350 for approx 15 minutes, until cookies appear dry and bottom is lightly browned. Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
These are best kept in the fridge. You will want to eat them within a day or two as they are very moist and tend to get very soggy.
 
For the banana version it is 45 calories per cookie (if you make 14 cookies).
For the pumpkin version it is 41 calories (if you make 14 cookies).
Those calculations include my add-ins.
I like these for breakfast. Kind of an "oatmeal-on-the-go" type thing.
They also work for after dinner if you just have to have dessert.
You can start with the 2 simple ingredients and go from there. Some ideas for add ins are nuts, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, dried fruit, spices, coconut, vanilla, etc..etc..
These take about 3 seconds to whip up.
I don't know that I would make them all the time but, for something a little different, they are pretty good.
 
Stop by The Mandatory Mooch and Adorned From Above and Hun... What's For Dinner for some great links!

8 comments:

  1. My best friend made the pumpkin ones for her daughters class. They were really decent. Can't wait to try the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am going to have to try these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies are wonderful and healthy! I'd love for you to come share them on my Simple Supper Tuesday linky party :o)
    http://hunwhatsfordinner.blogspot.ca/2013/02/simple-supper-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for linking up! Hope to see you again next week :o)

      Delete
  4. These are terrific and so easy. Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays. The next party is live!! http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2013/02/tasty-thursdays-29.html

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were terriffic. I made them the 2nd time with a bit of coco powder & vanilla with the banana. Add a peanut butter chip on top and you have that great choc&peanut butter taste. Fabulous. Thanks for this crave satisfying idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As one who has just been diagnosed with an "extremely severe" (nothing like redundancy) allergy to sugar--I'm not going to tell you the horrific reaction I have to it, and it's been lifelong, but undiagnosed til last week--I like to find recipes like this that allow me to have a little bit of something sweet without it causing me agony :-)

    ReplyDelete