Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thai Buffalo Clubhouse


I created this yummy looking sandwich for a contest for Dempsters bread. Unfortunately, I didn't win BUT I did discover a delicious sandwich that has become one of my favorite lunches.
I used a buffalo patty because it is lean and tasty.
According to Canadian Bison, "Bison meat is a flavourful, tender and lean red meat alternative. Bison meat is similar to fine beef with a slightly sweeter and richer taste. It is often described as a dense meat with a rich flavour, satisfying you more while eating less."
If you aren't a fan of buffalo then feel free to make this with a regular hamburger patty!


Thai Buffalo Clubhouse

Ingredients

3 slices of bread, toasted
(I photographed it with white bread as that is what the Dempsters' contest called for but it is much tastier with whole grain bread, in my opinion.)
1 egg, fried over medium
2 - 3 slices of tomato
3 slices bacon, cooked
1 buffalo burger patty, cooked to your preference
1 lettuce leaf
1 slice of onion
 2 Tbsp mayo
1 Tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce

Directions

Layer your sandwich in this order:
Bread
1 Tbsp mayo
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Slice onion
Lettuce
Buffalo burger patty
Bread
1 Tbsp mayo
Bacon
Tomato
Egg
Bread

Definitely add the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. It doesn't overpower the other flavors but definitely adds a different zing that you don't want to leave out.

I totally should have won that contest with this sandwich.
Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment