Here is a quick, easy, tasty, and healthy snack for you and the kids...or, just for you.
I know it's a little odd to be having frozen treats in the middle of all this chilly weather but, what can I say, I saw a photo of them on Pinterest and had to try them.
They are soooo yummy.
And, only 3 ingredients.
And, only 80 calories. (Yes....80.... pretty sweet, right?)
Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles
2 1/2 cups (one 650 gr container) Fat Free French Vanilla Yogurt
1/2 cup crushed Golden Oreos (5 - 6 cookies)
2 cups pureed strawberries
Puree strawberries. Set aside.
Place oreos in a food processor and process until cookies become fine crumbs. (You can also place them in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush) Add crushed oreos to the vanilla yogurt and stir to combine.
To assemble: Layer the yogurt portion first and let freeze for 30 minutes. Then add a layer of the pureed strawberries. Freeze for another 30 minutes. End with another layer of yogurt mixture.
Place popsicle handle into layers and freeze until solid.
I got 10 popsicles out of the above recipe. I used Fitday to calculate the calories. Only 80 calories per popsicle but they really don't taste low cal. I felt like I was really indulging while eating these.
And now.... on to the giveaway part of this blog.
The rules on how to enter:
1. This giveaway is open to everyone.
2. There will be one winner chosen by random drawing.
3. The winner's name will be posted on our blog on Thursday, March 9th and they will have 48 hours in which to respond. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be chosen.
Ways to get entries:
1. Become a follower of the blog.
2. "Like" joandsue.blogspot.com on Facebook. (And, while it won't gain you anymore entries, we would love it if you posted this contest on your wall)
3. Follow @joandsue on Twitter and tweet this contest.
4. Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to your post on our blog giveaway post in a comment.
5. Get 1 additional entry for each one of our blogs that you pin on Pinterest.
(Leave a comment on this giveaway blog to let us know what you pinned.)
6. Get 1 additional entry for each comment you leave on any one of our blog posts. (Of course we encourage you to actually read the blogs you comment on and not just comment for an entry.)
There you have it. There are tons of ways to get a lot of entries.
The Oh! So Garlic is an amazing seasoning that I have used often in our blogs. As for the cookbook - Irish Cooking - it is full of really great and delicious looking recipes. And, the St.Patrick's Day surprises are pretty cute!
If I had to estimate the value of the prize, I would say approximately $50.00.
This is our second giveaway and we hope everything will, once again, go smoothly.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about the giveaway.