Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pecan Pie Cookies


Pecan pie now available in a cookie! How cool is that? I found this recipe at the Beantown Baker's Blog the other day and thought they sounded so good. There is nothing terribly fancy about these cookies in terms of ingredients or technique yet I bet once you try one you will be adding this recipe to your favorite's list. According to the Beantown Baker's posting these ship very well too. Great to send to kids away at school!!

Pecan Pie Cookies

Ingredients
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder

Filling
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla

Directions
In a large bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. Using electric mixer or wooden spoon, beat until smooth.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Add to other ingredients. Stir or beat until well mixed. Gather dough into a ball and wrap in saran wrap. Chill in fridge for about an hour.
After dough has chilled - preheat oven to 350.
In a medium bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar, whipping cream, and vanilla.
Roll dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make indentation with your thumb in each cookie. (I used the back of my 1 tsp measuring spoon)



Fill hollow in cookie with rounded tsp of filling. Bake for about 10 minutes, cookies should be lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to wire cooling rack to cool completely.


There you have it. Pecan Pie Cookies. I'm thinking I may have to add these to my Christmas Cookie list. They feel festive. I'm thinking a little cream cheese drizzle might make take them to the next level. I will have to try that next time!




4 comments:

  1. So glad you liked them. Aren't they delicious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very delicious! Thanks again for posting the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making these this weekend! I always say that but this time for sure because my mom loves pecan pie and I think she would love these! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete