Sunday, July 17, 2011

Our Trip To Disneyland

 This is me (Sue) and my gang heading out on our big adventure. My husband, Rob, and I decided to surprise our daughter, Kenzie, and 2/3 of our nephews, Nick and Jord, with a trip to Disneyland. Not surprisingly we ate our way throughout Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm. Here is some of the photos we took along the way.

.
 $3.25 for this rice krispie square with candy. So not worth it. One of the very few disappointments.

.
 Clam chowder bread bowl from New Orleans Square. Everyone (except me - I don't like clams) loved it.
.
 Chocolate cake with mousse filling. It was okay but not our favorite by any means. Also from New Orleans Square. 
.
 Another New Orleans Square dish. Mickey Mouse Beignets. Sooooo worth it! These were worth every penny of the million dollars we spent on them. 
.
 I cannot say enough about the Smoked Turkey leg from the carts found throughout Disneyland Park. I am not one to buy meat from a cart vendor (Jo says I have issues), but this was my favorite thing to eat in Disneyland. 
.
 See...we ate it all......I'm thinking of going back just for another turkey leg!
.
 From T.G.I.F.'s across from Knott's Berry Farm. Jord's meal of mashed potatos, steak & shrimp. Another hit!
.
 Nick's T.G.I.F meal. Beef wrap with french fries. Delicious!! (With all the choices in all the restaurants, Nick always seemed to choose wraps!)
.
 
 My T.G.I.F. Southwest Wedge Salad. For how simple it was, it was amazingly good. The zippy dressing was just spicy enough for me!
.
 The OC Dog from Pink's in Knott's Berry Farm. A stretch hot dog, guacamole, American and Swiss cheese, fajita mix, jalepeno slices, topped with tortilla chips. Whew! Quite a mouthful. Jord's pick - a huge success.
.
 Kenzie with her dad's bucket of Mrs. Knott's Famous Fried Chicken. Good stuff!!
.
 Another Pink's hot dog. The Scottie Dog - stretch dog, yummy BBQ sauce, topped with onion rings. I don't normally like hot dogs but would seriously consider murder to get another one of these.
.
 Rob's pick from Pink's. Polish Pastrami - Polish sausage, pastrami, and Swiss cheese. Rob gave it 2 thumbs up.
.
 
 The giant pickle! The kids, Jordan especially, couldn't get enough of these bad boys. I found, oddly enough, that these helped to quench your thirst in the hot California sun. Funny story - you may notice the toothbrushes in the photo. Yes, they are children's toothbrushes and, even though the kids are teenagers, they fought over who was going to use the Wolverine toothbrush vs. the Hulk toothbrush.
.
 BBQ wings from Molly's, down the street from our hotel. This was the first meal we ate in California and it certainly set the bar pretty high for future meals. 
.
 Loaded Nachos. Excellent guacamole. Also from Molly's.
.

 Best banana split EVER. A perfect way to end our first meal. 
.
 Kenzie's spicy jambalaya pasta from The Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. The Rainforest Cafe has a fantastic ambience and so many wonderful food choices. One of our favorite restaurants there. 
.
 My lettuce wraps. I loved the pickled salad that came with it. Really two people could have shared this. (I didn't share though..it was mine...all mine...)
.
 Kenzie's burger - loaded with bacon, onion rings, cheese, and pickles. We do love our pickles!!
.
Nick and Jord sharing the 1,000th giant pickle of the trip.

I have been to Disneyland several times and this was one of the best trips. We had so much fun bringing the boys with us. I definitely will remember this trip for the rest of my life - and not just for the incredible food. Although....I am not about to forget the food either. (Smoked Turkey Leg - Siiiiiiiigh)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is some good looking food, can't wait to try some thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete