Friday, July 1, 2011

Banana Crumb Muffins



Finding the best banana muffin recipe is like trying to find the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. A daunting task as there is a bazillion to look through. I think I may have succeeded though. I have made this particular recipe several times and it always turns out amazing. Moist yet still the right amount of crumbly, absolutely delicious warm but still pretty darn good the next day, very banana-y, and just the right amount of cinnamon.
I don’t know about you, but as far as I am concerned crumb topping makes just about any muffin better.
More sugar? Heck yeah!


Banana Crumb Muffins
(Slightly adapted from Allrecipes)
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt
3 large bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted

Crumb Topping
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line muffin tin with paper liners.  
In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
Prepare crumb topping - In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 Tbsp flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over muffins.



Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.               


I haven’t decided whether this is going to be my “don’t have to look for another banana muffin recipe because I found this one” muffin recipe or not. It’s tempting. If you have a better recipe for banana muffins let us know so we can give it a try!
Sue insists she has a better banana muffin recipe but has yet to share it with me....I will keep bugging her for it and, if she lets me, I will share it with you.


This recipe makes 12 regular muffins or 10 large muffins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment