Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Crock Pot Tuscan Pasta & Chicken


Summertime is crock pot time. No ovens for me, thank you very much.
This is a complete meal all made in the slow cooker so there is no need to heat up the house and do a million dishes. 
This is inspired by a recipe out of The Slow Cooker Bible cookbook that I got years ago but hardly ever used. I'm not sure why I didn't use it then because I sure do use it now. I made a few additions here and a few substitutions there and *voila* new recipe!
Correction....
New, super simple, delicious recipe!


Crock Pot Tuscan Pasta & Chicken
(Adapted from The Slow Cooker Bible cookbook)

Ingredients
5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
2 cans stewed tomatoes (about 14 oz each)
1 can red kidney beans (about 15 oz)
1 can tomato sauce (about 15 oz)
1/2 cup water
1 jar sliced mushrooms (about 4 oz)
1 medium green pepper, diced
1/2 medium onion, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried chives
6 oz spaghetti, broken in half

Directions
Spray crock pot with cooking spray. 
Place all ingredients EXCEPT SPAGHETTI into crock pot. 


Cover and cook on low for approx 4 hours (until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked.)Stir in broken spaghetti. 


Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes. Stir again. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes - until spaghetti is tender.


Mmmm...mmmm....tasty.
How easy is that?
Seriously. 
Love crock pot cooking. 


I topped it with a little mozza cheese just for the heck of it. Wondering what to have for dinner tonight? Not anymore.... Give this a try!!! You won't regret it.

Be sure to visit Chef In Training and Feeding Big for some fun and tasty links!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds great! I am definitely going to try it very soon. Maybe this weekend! I hardly ever use my slow cooker and I want to use it more! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried cooking pasta in the crockpot! This recipe looks really good and I love the thought of making it in the slow cooker! Slow cookers are good no matter what time of the year it is!

    Thank you for linkin gthis too the In and Out of the Kitchen Link party! See you next week!

    Cynthia at Feeding Big

    ReplyDelete