Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cucumber and Crab Bites


Here is a quick, easy, healthy, and very pretty snack for the next time you need something to hold you over until meal time.
It only took about 5 - 10 minutes from start to finish. I love super-de-duper quick snacks that look so fancy.
I've been doing pretty good with keeping my snacking to a minimum, you know, besides the Creme Brulee Ice Cream, etc... that I have been making in some kind of subconscious effort to sabotage my healthy eating plan.
This recipe is helping to keep me on track so I guess it all balances out.


Cucumber and Crab Bites

Ingredients
2 large cucumber, sliced into 24 slices
1 cup imitation crab meat, finely chopped
3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, shredded
2 green onions, finely chopped
1/2 Tbsp light sour cream
1 Tbsp light Miracle Whip (or mayo)
salt & pepper

Directions
Take sliced cucumbers and scoop out half of the seeds using a melon baller or tiny spoon. Set on serving platter.


Mix remaining ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.


Place approx 1/2 to 1 Tbsp of filling into indent in cucumber and carefully mound on top.


Eat right away or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
See....pretty, right?
Want to know some good news about these?
There is only 17 calories per bite!! Yay!
17 calories, 0.5 fat, 2 carbs, 1 protein.
Suh-weet!
(The whole recipe is only 400 calories!)

If you don't have imitation crab (or real crab) then you can use canned tuna. I made it with tuna last week and it was tasty as well. I just used a regular sized can.

Be sure to check out Blissful and Domestic for some fun links.

1 comment:

  1. These look really tasty. I'll have to be sure to whip some up one day soon. Looks like a great little snack for a hot summer day. Thanks

    ReplyDelete