Thursday, April 12, 2012

5 Minute Banana Bread


Yep. It's another 5 minute recipe.
I can't help it.
Now that I have discovered how delicious they are I am all about discovering different treats. This one is a cross between a banana cake and a banana bread. It tastes like banana bread but the consistency is more like a cake than a quick bread.
It is also probably the teeniest 5 minute recipe I have made yet. Most of the other recipes make a large single serving, almost enough for two.
Well, let's be honest, it IS enough for two but I eat the whole thing. My reasoning? It fits in one bowl so it's one serving. Shhh...let me have this one.
Anyway, this is probably closer to what a single serving actually should be.  
Feel free to double it.

5 Minute Banana Bread

Ingredients
1 heaping Tbsp mashed, ripe banana
1 Tbsp melted butter
1 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp brown sugar
splash vanilla
3 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt
1/4 tsp baking powder

Directions

Mix together banana, butter, milk, brown sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Add dry ingredients on top of the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix.

Before the cooking begins. Mmm...banana-y!

Microwave for approx 1 minute. Start checking for doneness at 50 seconds.
I put a small square of parchment paper in the bottom of the dish so I was able to flip it out to serve it.


I topped it with a little whipped cream and some caramel sauce.
Yes. It was amazingly tasty. Thank you for asking.

3 comments:

  1. I made this vegan by using almond milk and margarine and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this exactly according to the recipe and it was scrumptious! And SO easy!

    ReplyDelete