Friday, January 11, 2013

Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

 
On my quest to find the BEST chewy oatmeal raisin cookies on the planet I have made many, many, MANY different recipes. Some have been good, some have been bad, some have been just plain odd.
My Above Average Oatmeal Cookies have been my go-to recipe for years because of how yummy they taste but the texture wasn't my favorite.
Then I made a few alterations to one of the recipes in our mother's ancient cookbook pile, and came up with these bad boys.
I think *gasp* I may have found my new go-to oatmeal raisin cookie.
It's not quite the cookie nirvana I was looking for BUT it is amazing.
Crispy on the outside.
Chewy on the inside.
Cinnamony and raisiny.
It is justthisclose to being perfect.
 
 
Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
 
Ingredients
1 cup butter, room temp
1 1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt
3 cups oats
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup coconut, fine
 
Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and sour cream and vanilla until well combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Beat dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
Using a wooden spoon, stir in oats, raisins, and coconut. Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
Chill dough at least 15 minutes. (You can chill the dough before you scoop it out if you prefer.)
Bake at 350 for 10 - 12 minutes. (15 minutes for larger cookies) The edges and bottoms will be golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
I used a large cookie scoop and got 28 cookies. I also baked mine for 15 minutes.
 
 
I think I might make these again with chocolate chips or butterscotch chips instead of the raisins.
Or...just make them again with raisins because...
well...
because I don't really need a reason.
Cookies make me happy.
 
Check out Or So She Says for some great links!

No comments:

Post a Comment