Monday, July 30, 2012

Vegetables in a Rose Sauce


These tasted better than they looked.
In my head I had imagined them looking prettier than they did.
Don't get me wrong....they were still "okay" looking. But I wanted them to look glamorous.
Yes.
Vegetables can be glamorous.
Just not these ones, apparently.
Anyway...they tasted amazing. I had heard of a rose sauce before but had never tried one. Rose as in tomato and cream sauce...not actual rose, the flower, sauce. Turns out it's a very tasty sauce for veggies. I think serving this dish on a plate of pasta would be a fantastic dinner option.
I just ate them as a side with my turkey burger patty.
Impressed with my healthy eating?
I was....
There was cheesecake and ice cream in my kitchen and I didn't even eat it because these veggies filled me up.
You really should be impressed......


Vegetables in a Rose Sauce

Ingredients
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 large head broccoli, broken into florets
1 large onion, chopped
3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup chicken broth (or veggie broth)
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
salt & pepper
1/2 cup half & half cream

Directions
Heat oil in a large pan. Throw all of the veggies in and saute for 6 - 7 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, except the cream. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer for about 6 - 7 minutes. Until veggies are fork tender.


Add the cream and and stir well until creamy. Heat through.
Serve immediately.

I didn't bother calculating the calories and such in this dish. I know the cream ups the values but I figured because it was 99% vegetables and herbs that it was healthy and good for me.
Healthy and good for me is good enough for me.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment