Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes


This idea is from Mom On Timeout. I should say - this BRILLIANT idea is from Mom on Timeout.
Did you read the title and have a little mini heart attack?
I did.
Not when I read the title, but when our friend, Kerry, said she was going to make these for my and Sue's birthday dinner last week.
The cheesecakes in the photos are the ones Kerry made.
Pretty, yes?
You don't even want to know how exquisitely delicious they were.
I ate soooooooooooo many of them. It's okay though. If it is related to your birthday then it has no calories.
Anyway, I knew right away that I had to share this recipe with our readers.
I've been posting a lot of healthy, vegetable type recipes lately and was feeling like a treat was in order.


Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes

Ingredients
Crust
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp butter, melted

Filling
12 Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
2 x 8 oz pkgs light cream cheese, room temp
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

Drizzle
1/2 cup Reese's Peanut Butter chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 tsp shortening, divided

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Place a cupcake liner in 12 muffin cups.
Crust: combine 3 crust ingredients until crumbly. Press approx 1 heaping Tbsp into each liner and then pat crumbs firmly onto bottom.
Unwrap the 12 Reese's minis. (NOTE - Kerry didn't have the minis she had the mini minis...you know, the ones that come unwrapped in the bag like big chocolate chips. She used 3 of the mini minis per cup instead of 1 of the normal minis)
Place the Reese's in the center of each crust.
Filling: Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add in the sugar, flour, and vanilla until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure they are well incorporated.
Spoon the cream cheese filling over the Reese's, evenly dividing the mixture amongst the 12 cups.
Bake at 350 for about 20 - 25 minutes, until cheesecakes are set.
Let the cheesecakes cool - or don't! They are so good when the chocolate is all ooey-gooey and melted but they really are better after they've cooled and chilled for awhile.
Drizzle: Melt the peanut butter chips and 1 tsp of shortening in the microwave and then use a fork to swirl the melted chips over the top of the cheesecakes. Do the same with the chocolate chips.


Close up!

I bet you wish you had a friend like Kerry to make you delicious treats like this.
Kerry makes delicious treats for lots of her friends.
Kerry is awesome.


Peanut butter cup cheesecake is awesome too.
Thanks Kerry :)

Be sure to check out My Turn (for us) for some fantastic links!

11 comments:

  1. Awwww... Thanks Jo and Sue!!!!!

    ~Kerry~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say they were freakin delicious - you will have to give them away otherwise you will eat them all!!

    ~Kerry~

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look incredible! Will have to pin this and make them when I'm having someone over or something. I shouldn't be eating them, so if I have someone over maybe they will finish them all. Right?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having someone to share with is probably the best idea.... the are too tempting to have sitting in the fridge. :) Not that I ate a billion of them or anything....no....not at all.....

      Delete
  4. I've featured this recipe on my blog, hoping that you don't mind, but if you do, please contact me and I'll remove it. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Thank you for the feature :) (We never mind sharing as long as we get credit/link back to us!)

      Delete
  5. Can these be made ahead and refrigerated to be eaten the next day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! My first dozen are about ready to come out of the oven! Can't wait to see what everyone thinks tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole ChurchillMay 9, 2014 at 6:10 PM

    Just made 3 dozen for my husband's 40th birthday party. He loves cheesecake and peanut butter cups, so these seem to be the perfect choice! Haven't tried one yet - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete