Saturday, July 12, 2014

Single Serving Gluten Free Crepe


Sue and I like to try to different gluten free recipes just to see how they measure up to "regular" recipes. 
To be honest, like 90% of the time I don't really care for the gluten free version. I normally have issues with the texture. It can be so grainy and weird. 
This crepe though.
Totally perfect.
I was worried when I mixed the batter as it seemed really thin, but it turned out fantastic in the end. Maybe a tad thicker than a normal crepe but barely noticeable. 
And the flavor...
*jazz hands*
Definitely my new favorite breakfast. 
And, what makes this even better.... according to Myfitnesspal: 139 calories, 12 carb, 4 fat, 12 protein.
I filled it with 1 tsp butter, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon. That brought the total up to: 221 calories, 25 carbs, 8 fat, and 12 protein. 
Throw in a handful of raspberries on the side and I had a delicious breakfast for 242 calories. 
What whaaaat!


Single Serving Gluten Free Crepe

Ingredients
1 Tbsp oat flour
1 Tbsp ground flax
2 pkg Stevia 
pinch salt
dash of vanilla extract
2 Tbsp 1% milk
2 egg whites

Directions
Place ingredients into a blender and process until smooth, about 1 - 2 minutes.
Heat a 9 or 10 inch, non-stick frying pan sprayed well with cooking spray over medium heat. 
Pour mixture into the pan.


Cook over medium heat until top of crepe looks dry and edges are firm.


Very carefully run a flipper under the crepe and flip over in pan.


Cook the other side only about 20 seconds. Remove from heat and place on serving plate.
Top with your filling of choice.
I used 1 tsp butter, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, and sprinkle of cinnamon. 
(I don't know why I spread mine down the middle. You can spread it evenly over the entire surface too. Either way works!)


Roll up crepe and enjoy.


I think tomorrow I may try some peanut butter.


The options for fillings are endless:
Peanut butter, pancake syrup, fruit, nutella, whipped cream, mousse, etc... 
I'm not a huge fan of savory crepes but you could probably turn this into a savory version pretty easily.
Because this is only 139 calories(without filling), I'm thinking this would be a great idea for snack time too. 
 
Be sure to visit Carole's Chatter for links to tons more recipes

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great recipe. I'm always curious about how the gluten-free recipes measure up too. And I have to say, those raspberries look delicious. Thank you for linking at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete