Sunday, October 4, 2020

Salty Pirate Monkey Cocktail

 


The toughest part of creating a new recipe is coming up with a name. I am TERRIBLE at naming recipes. I either go with way too much information in the title and it ends up being 4 paragraphs long, or I try to be all clever and completely miss the mark. 
This time I went to my friends on Facebook and had them help me out! 
My friends are all geniuses, in case you were wondering! They came up with names like "Bananas Faster (like bananas foster but with coffee)", "the boozy monkey", "the drunken monkey", "caramel banana dalgona", "spiked caramel banana split", and so many more great ideas. 
My friend Melissa came up with The Salty Pirate Monkey and I'm sticking with it. So fun, right? It has hints about what's in the drink and at the same time is just super fun to say. 
Let's make the Salty Pirate Monkey the new viral cocktail. It's half dessert, half drink and aaaaallll deliciousness! Recipe, as written, makes 1 large boozy milkshake cocktail but can easily be doubled or tripled. If you are a fan of boozy milkshakes then it is juuuuust the right size! 


The Salty Pirate Monkey Cocktail

Ingredients
Dalgona Coffee Whip
1 Tbsp instant coffee
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp very hot water

Banana Bailey's Milkshake
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup salted caramel Baileys
2 Tbsp dark rum
ice

Directions
Prepare the dalgona coffee whip - in a small bowl, whisk (or use beaters) the instant coffee, brown sugar, and hot water until super foamy. This takes a few minutes and should resemble whipped cream when ready. 
Prepare the milkshake - place frozen banana, milk, Salted Caramel Baileys, rum, and ice into a blender and blend until smooth. If you like it thick then add more ice. I usually add 2 good sized handfuls of ice. 
Pour the milkshake into a large glass and top with the whipped coffee topping.


I like to serve it like that as it looks pretty impressive BUT when you go to drink it you definitely want to give it a good stir. 
The coffee whip is very strong so a mouthful of it right out of the gate will shock you. Make sure you mix it up well. 


Still looks pretty. 


And tastes soooooo good! Salted Caramel Baileys and rum, banana milkshake with a coffee twist. Everything you didn't know you needed. 

4 comments:

  1. I really hope to view the same high-grade content by you in the future as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my very own blog now

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post.

    ReplyDelete