Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Pecan Oatmeal Cookies


A while ago our mother brought home a couple of bags of Sahale Snacks for us to try. I believe she brought the Maple Pecan Glazed Mix and the Cranberries, Black Pepper, and Orange Zest Mix. 


I was going to just eat them all on their own. They are ridiculously tasty. But then I had the idea to give them a quick chop and throw them in some cookies. 
*cue angels singing*
Oh. My. Gosh.
These may be the best oatmeal cookies on the planet. 
I ended up making both snack bags into cookies because I couldn't stop eating them. 
FYI - if you can't find the Sahale Snacks anywhere just substitute 1 cup of candied pecans plus 1/2 cup craisins or raisins for a similar taste experience. 


Pecan Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 Tbsp molasses
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cornstarch
1 bag Sahale Snacks (any flavor), coarsely chopped
1/2 cup raisins

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. 
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat together the butter and sugar until creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Beat in the egg and molasses until well combined. 
Add in the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and cornstarch and beat briefly, until dough comes together. 


Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop cookie dough onto prepared cookies sheet, leaving cookies about 2 inches apart.


Using the palm of your hand, flatten the cookies out a little. 
Bake at 350 until cookies are a light golden brown on top, about 15 - 20 minutes. (Do not over bake or cookies will be crispy and not soft/chewy). 
Remove from oven and let cool on tray for 5 minutes.


Then remove to wire rack to cool completely. 


Using a 1/3 cup measure, you should get 1 dozen cookies. You can make them smaller of course, but why on earth would you want to do that? 
Store in a Ziplock bag on the counter OR you can freeze them for later. They freeze very well. 
All those crunchy nuts and chewy raisins and craisins make for a good combination of textures in this cookie. You'll want to write this recipe down, or at least Pin It to a favorite Pinterest board. 
#TrustMeOnThisOne 

2 comments:

  1. I love oatmeal cookies but I'm the only one that does in my family and when I make them I have to eat them all myself. Not even my co-workers like them. What kind of world am I living in that no one but me likes them!!! They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe there are people out there who don't like oatmeal cookies. Craziness!! lol That's okay, more cookies for you! ;)

      Delete