Monday, June 18, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza


I just wanted to share this fancy schmancy peanut butter cookie pizza recipe/idea.
Technically you could make this with any cookie dough but I really like the peanut butter with the chocolate and almonds.
Don't get me wrong....I wouldn't be rude and say no to a chocolate chip cookie pizza should one be offered to me. I'm not crazy.
Sue, on the other hand.....well...I think we all know her stance on cookies.
*craaazy*


Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza

Ingredients
Cookie Base
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch sea salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda

Topping
1/2 to 1 cup caramel sauce or ice cream topping
1 cup mini peanut butter cups
1 cup chocolate covered peanuts
1/2 cup slivered almonds
20 - 24 kisses (I used caramel kisses)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Line a round, regular size pizza pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Cookie base - Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Stir into wet ingredients until combined.
Press evenly onto prepared pizza pan. (TIP - I left about a 1 inch hole in the dough in the middle of the pan so the cookie could spread in the middle a bit so it would cook a bit more evenly.) Prick all over with a fork.
 Bake at 350 for about 10 - 15 minutes or until cookie begin to brown.

See....it spreads to cover the little hole I had left in the middle and, thus, cooks evenly.

Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes.


Carefully drizzle caramel sauce over the crust and spread evenly to within an inch of the border. (This is easier if the cookie is a bit warm.)
Sprinkle on toppings. (I did this while my cookie was still warm because I wanted the chocolates to get a bit melty. If you don't want them to melt then just wait until your cookie is completely cool.)
When your pizza is cool you should be able to use the parchment paper and just carefully slide the cookie off onto a serving platter, or serve it from the pizza pan.  


How fun is that??
I made this for a bake sale and put it in a real pizza box. It sold right away!
You could make this with pretty much any cookie recipe and any toppings you prefer. You just have to make sure your cookie is going to be a sturdy enough base.
I have seen lots of fruit toppings on cookie pizzas but thought I would go the total indulgent route with chocolate and more chocolate and a peanut butter cookie base instead of a sugar cookie.
I think I made the right choice.

Check out Carole's Chatter for some great links!

7 comments:

  1. I have been loving your food and your writing! There's an award for you here: http://msenplace.blogspot.com/2012/06/see-ya-in-gumbo-36-plus-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking! Love the idea of putting this in a pizza box--very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious!! It is such a fabulous idea!!
    I hope you are having a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you are having a great week as well :)

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing, I think my blood sugar just spiked just reading about this yummy goodness.

    ReplyDelete